What is Smart Meter?
The Smart Grid gives utilities the means to meet these challenges - remote data management and monitoring capabilities, automation and control, and the systems for the effective utilization and safe management of transmission and distribution networks. The Smart Grid not only enables utilities to deliver electricity in a sustainable, economic, efficient and secure way, but it also opens up opportunities for the development of other new low carbon technologies such as electric vehicles and the smart home.
- A sustainable, secure & efficient way to offer a better service to customers.
- Real-time monitoring, reading, alarming.
- Identify priority action areas through analytics.
- Meter Controls/Remote disconnect.
- New tariffs - including pre-pay where required.
- Restrict non-technical losses (theft/fraud).
- Consumption Analysis.
- Accurate billing from real time smart meter readings